PyDev is an awesome plugin for Python development under Eclipse, with this plugin you can easily create a Django project or a Google App Engine project, but not a project which uses Django and run under Google App Engine at same time.
Here’s what I did to create a project which has support for both features:
- Download and installation of Eclipse
- Installation of PyDev Plugin
- Installation of GAE SDK 1.6.0 for Python
- Installation of Google Plugin for Eclipse
- Creation of Python project with Google App Engine support
- Creation of DJango project from command line
- Copy of all Django project structure to src folder of Eclipse Project
- Edit main.py (see below)
The latest step is edit the main.py script specifying the version of DJango to load on GAE, please option main.py and add the lines below:
from google.appengine.dist import use_library
After that you should be able to have the GAE context menu options available for this project and your project will be ready for upload.